Ipsum Wealth almost a year on
Were we wrong to open a financial planning business at the tail end of the banking Royal Commission?
Without a doubt it was an interesting time to enter the financial planning sector with many important conversations taking place. Some may be surprised to learn that we support the outcomes of the Royal Commission particularly the measures that have been put in place to ensure greater transparency. This is a great result not just for those who seek the advice of financial planners but for us too. We want to be a member of an industry that acts with integrity and in the best interest of clients.
We’ve been overwhelmed with the support we’ve received and thank those who have trusted us to provide advice. Here are some of the ways we’ve helped clients this year:
- We’ve found low risk but better return investment opportunities for people who have money in the bank and are feeling the effects of low interest rates.
- We’ve reviewed investment strategies for clients with Self-Managed Super Funds, in particular for those who have not been actively investing and therefore have been missing out on opportunities to have even more saved for their retirement.
- We’ve reviewed and recommended personal insurances to ensure clients have the right level of cover in place. Some clients have been massively under insured (and didn’t realise the state they would leave their family in) and other people had way more cover than they needed – so have been able to pull their level of cover back so they are only paying for what they need.
- We’ve prepared savings and investment plans to help people have a target to aim for so they can retire when they want.
- We’ve setup tax effective ways to access super once a client hits their preservation age so they can get more into their super in the important years proceeding retirement.
- We’ve helped clients restructure their loans to save on interest
- We’ve supported clients to work out what is important to them, and then set out the steps to achieving their longer-term goals.
Thank you for your support in 2019 and we look forward to continuing to support our clients in 2020.